A To-Do List You’ll Actually Want to Do!
Summer is the perfect time to give your heart health a boost while having fun. From baseball games to outdoor concerts, these summertime activities can help keep your heart healthy all season long.
- Bike your way to good health. Regular exercise helps improve heart health, including reducing high blood pressure. Grab your bike or borrow one through a bike-share program and hit the streets. Better yet, check out one of the many CNY bike trails, such as the 840 bike trail, which runs along the rt 840. It has a few access points and access ramps for those with disabilities.
- Take yourself out to the ballgame. Good news: Happiness does impact heart health! Bring the family out to root, root, root for the Utica Blue Sox. Located in in Utica NU, the Minor League Baseball Class A Affiliate of the White Sox baseball team plays throughout the summer into early fall. Games incorporate family-friendly activities, including a post-game fireworks display on select evenings. While you’re there, catch the NM Experience again!
- Try a cooking class. A healthy diet can help erase damage and protect your heart.
- Catch some tunes. Did you know music can lower your blood pressure and help you relax? Everyvmonday there is free music at Copernican Park on Genesee Street the outdoor music festival that runs all summer long. Concerts range from urban to country and everything in between.
- Stop for a swim. Swimming is a low-impact exercise everyone can enjoy, and it also can reduce blood pressure and alleviate stress. Make sure the whole family can participate. CNY is great because we have a ton of lakes and rivers for you to jump in if you dont have a pool.